What is the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form?
Officially the Driver License Renewal/Replacement Request While Out-of-State, the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form is a form by the Washington State Department of Licensing. Residents of the State of Washington can use it to renew their expiring or expired driver’s license.
You can renew your Washington driver’s license one year before it expires. Washington driver’s licenses are valid for six years. A driver’s license usually expires on the holder’s birthday.
Aside from its use as a renewal form, holders of a Washington driver’s license can also use the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form to apply for a replacement for a lost, stolen, or damaged license.
Furthermore, you are eligible to use the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form if you are a resident of the state of Washington but are currently out of state or the country. Just make sure you have a valid Social Security Number (SSN).
How to fill out the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form?
The Washington Driver’s License Renewal form is a single-page form. Provide all the required information accurately to avoid any problems with your application.
First, mark the box to determine the purpose of your application. You may select:
- I want to replace my lost or stolen driver license — The fee is $20.
- I want to renew my basic driver license — The fee is $54.
- I want to renew my driver license with motorcycle endorsement — The fee is $84.
- I want to indicate military status — The fee is $10 and you need to include proof of active duty or dependent status (copy of orders or military ID).
Enter your full legal name in the following format: Last Name, First Name, Middle Name.
Washington driver’s license number
Enter your current Washington driver’s license number.
Washington State residence address
Enter your full residence address, including CIty, State, ZIP Code.
Enter your date of birth in the following format: MM/DD/YYYY.
Mark the Male or Female box to determine your gender.
Enter your height.
Enter your weight.
Enter your eye color.
Are you a twin or a triplet?
Mark Yes if you are a twin or triplet; otherwise, mark No.
Answering this item is optional. The Washington State Department of Licensing will share the information on this item with the Washington State Twin Registry. The Registry will contact you to ask if you would like to join the Twin Registry. You may learn more about the program on the Washington State Twin Registry website.
Out-of-state mailing address
Enter your full mailing address, including CIty, State, ZIP code or postal code, and Country.
Enter your telephone number, including the area code.
Mark all the boxes that are applicable. The options are:
- I want to be an organ donor.
- I want to register for the selective service.
- I want to register to vote in the state of Washington and I am a United States citizen.
For the Medical or Vision statements section, mark all the boxes that are applicable. The options are:
- I do not have a mental or physical condition and am not taking any medication that could impair my ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- My vision is 20/40 or better with or without corrective lenses.
For the certification section, you need to certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Washington that all the information you provided is true and correct.
Date and place
Enter the date and place you signed the form.
Enter your signature.
How much is it to renew a driver’s license in Washington?
If you renew your driver’s license within 60 days after it has expired, there is no late fee; however, you could get a ticket or fine from law enforcement.
If your driver’s license is expired for more than 60 days, you need to pay a $10 fee on top of the $54 standard renewal fee for a six-year license.
If your driver’s license expired six years ago, you will need to apply for a new one.
Where to submit the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form?
You have several options to renew your Washington driver’s license.
If you are under 24 or over 70 years old, you need to complete the driver’s license renewal process at the Washington State Department of License office. If you need to pass the vision screening test or need a new photo, you are required to renew your driver’s license in person. Bring your current driver’s license when you go apply in person.
You may go to the Washington State Department of Licensing to renew your driver’s license. You will be asked to make an online payment to confirm your transaction.
Here is a list of conditions to determine if you can renew your driver’s license online:
- If you are younger than 24 years old, you cannot use this option.
- If your renewal notice does not mention you can renew online, you need to renew using another method.
- You cannot renew online if your license has been expired for over 30 days.
- You can only renew online if your license is expired for 60 days or less.
- If you do not have a way to pay online, your online application will not be confirmed.
During your renewal application, you will need the following information:
- Your driver’s license number
- Your Social Security Number — The last four digits.
- Your date of birth
- You eye color as stated on your license
A temporary driver’s license that you can print will be sent to your email address. You can use it and carry it with you until your standard driver’s license arrives.
Before sending an application for renewal by mail, you need to know that the Washington State Department of Licensing cannot renew the following by mail:
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Identification cards (ID)
- Name changes
Send the Washington Driver’s License Renewal form, any required documents, and a check drawn on a U.S. bank or money order payable to the Department of Licensing to:
Department of Licensing
646 Okoma Dr, Suite E
Omak, WA 98841